Easter

12:43 PM

<<Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Really I think I just love holidays, because when one comes around, except halloween, I will always say it's my favorite. Festive thinking isn't it? 

<<I'd love to say Easter is my favorite though, and it's not my favorite because of the delightful treats that haunt every store, marshmallow peeps, chocolate eggs, cadbury eggs, malt eggs (au revoir easter candy! You are loved and very missed.) That's not quite why it's my favorite, even though it's an incredibly good guess. 




<<Easter is my favorite because I am reminded every single year to recenter my focus on my Savior Jesus Christ, and His perfect love for me and each and every one of us. I am reminded to have more hope and faith in Him. To have more determination to follow Him. I am reminded that He atoned for my sins, and that I can be cleaned from sin only because of His sweet sacrifice. I am reminded that with Christ as my center, all things are possible. That I can do hard things. That He is beside me at every moment. Most of all, I am reminded that HE LIVES! These following words from President Thomas S. Monson I know are true. I know that He Lives!


“No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary when, on the first day of the week, they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord. Spoke the angel: ‘Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen.’ ”
—Thomas S. Monson

“ He Is Risen!” Apr. 2010 General Conference

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

I'm on Facebook

Featured Post

Gift Guide For The Beginner Oil Painter

Subscribe