Master Copy

8:33 AM

From the age of 8-18 I dove into hundreds of art books. Studying and learning solely by observing the great’s brushwork and colors. Without any formal training in art up until that point, it was the best thing I could do and I loved it almost as much as making the art myself. Today I did that very thing again, I opened a book to find an artist I love and painted a master copy. It makes me so grateful for every artist of the past and present who have devoted themselves to their talent and share their work. It’s always apparent when their whole heart is in a painting.

(Master copy of J. M. Carter’s painting. Please go check out his work too. You’ll be in awe.)

Master Copies from Richard Schmid

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

I'm on Facebook

Featured Post

Gift Guide For The Beginner Oil Painter

Subscribe