Farewell to Midsummer

1:17 PM


I know that it is technically Autumn as of today, but these peonies are nothing but midsummer in my mind. When I took the photo reference for them a couple of years ago, in the middle of summer, it was while I was staying at my sister's home a few states away. She had the most gorgeous vase of these flowers grown in her sister in law's back yard. Is that what we love so much about flowers? That they resemble the giving done in summer?

Below is my progress shot of this piece. I love it just as much in progress as I do completed, and I photographed it just as the sun was going down so those whites are really glowing! I have a special person and place in mind for this piece, and I am so excited to give it to said person. Now that it's Autumn, I have a hankering to paint more landscapes and portraits. It seems to be this way every year, but I can't wait to get started!


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

I'm on Facebook

Featured Post

Gift Guide For The Beginner Oil Painter

Subscribe